Timberland Store Manager
Timberland has been making authentic boots, shoes, apparel and accessories since 1973. From our humble beginnings in New Hampshire, to a company spanning continents, cultures, ages, you name it – Timberland is more than a brand: it’s an incredible place to work.
Our Timberland Auckland CBD location is looking for an equipped Store Manager to compliment the sales team currently in place. The position is available in early April 2019.
To be successful in this role the candidate requires solid leadership and retail experience at a management level, with the ability to manage, train, organise, motivate and inspire their retail team. You will have a passion for the brand, and should thrive when interacting with clients. You will excel when communicating with people from all backgrounds, and enjoy sharing the brand’s core values with them. You will bring high energy to the role, and will enjoy working as part of a small but driven team. You will have a strong handle on both spoken and written English, and will be comfortable communicating with clients over the telephone, written email and face to face.
Experience in visual merchandising; stock control, health and safety, store security and basic financial reporting will be called upon regularly.
In return you will work for a world renown brand, work closely with the area manager and marketing team, receive a competitive rate of pay, career progression, a full uniform, and generous discount on Timberland and affiliated brands product.
You need to be flexible to meet the needs of the business and be fully available through the Christmas & New Year period, and at least one weekend day a week. You will also need to have the relevant right to work in NZ or visa conditions
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the day to day running of the retail store
- Motivate and inspire the sales team
- Full control over the roster, stock control, security, staff training, hiring etc.
- Sell merchandise with superior customer service
- Protect merchandise with superior customer service
- Accuracy and efficiency in all point of sale interactions
- Promote Timberland Brand
- Is consistently Friendly, Energetic, Genuine and Personable in all interactions
- Assist in helping area management meet all metrics
- Adheres to schedules that meet the needs of the business
- Has a strong sales background, and ability to drive a small team
- Visual Merchandising – Windows, tables and graphics are all based on Timberland standards and current directives
- Adheres to dress code policy with highest brand standards
- Housekeeping – keeping the store clean and neat at all times
- Participates in all incoming and outgoing processing of inventory
- Assist in growing customer communication and database by informing customers of email address and phone capture.
Please provide CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of March 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.